Spam Subject lines not getting modified?

Johnny Stork jstork at pbco.ca
Wed Nov 30 16:59:09 GMT 2005

Seems like I keep having strange new problems with both mailscanner and mailwatch? I just noticed all sorts of spam lately ending up in my in-box instead of the filtered "Spam" folder. Checking in mailwatch I see the messages are scoring well beyond my limit of 5.0, some into double digits, but they are not getting the subject line changed? It seems that I have this set in mailscanner.conf, but it does not appear to be working?

 # If the message is spam, do you want to modify the subject line?
 # This makes filtering in Outlook very easy.
 # This can also be the filename of a ruleset.
 Spam Modify Subject = yes

 # This is the text to add to the start of the subject if the
 # "Spam Modify Subject" option is set.
 # The exact string "_SCORE_" will be replaced by the numeric
 # SpamAssassin score.
 # The exact string "_STARS_" will be replaced by a row of stars
 # whose length is the SpamAssassin score.
 # This can also be the filename of a ruleset.
 Spam Subject Text = {Possible Spam}

 # This is just like the "Spam Modify Subject" option above, except that
 # it applies when the score from SpamAssassin is higher than the
 # "High SpamAssassin Score" value.
 # This can also be the filename of a ruleset.
 High Scoring Spam Modify Subject = yes

 # This is just like the "Spam Subject Text" option above, except that
 # it applies when the score from SpamAssassin is higher than the
 # "High SpamAssassin Score" value.
 # The exact string "_SCORE_" will be replaced by the numeric
 # SpamAssassin score.
 # The exact string "_STARS_" will be replaced by a row of stars
 # whose length is the SpamAssassin score.
 # This can also be the filename of a ruleset.
 High Scoring Spam Subject Text = {Most Likely Spam}

 Johnny Stork
 Information & Technology Manager
 Provincial Blood Coordinating Office
 604-806-8840