followup on Clam and Sober.U

Jeff A. Earickson jaearick at COLBY.EDU
Wed Nov 30 15:04:20 GMT 2005

Gang,

    The latest CVS version of Clam (devel-20051130/1198) solved my
problem of Clam not detecting the Sober-Z (sophos) or Sober.U (clam)
virus.  My setup is on Solaris 9.  Note that I could not get this
CVS to build with Sun's Forte compiler, just with gcc.

I'm currently running MailScanner with

Virus Scanners = sophossavi clamav

I am going to leave clamavmodule out of the mix for a while.
Those of you who are getting low hit rates with ClamAV might
want to try the CVS code.

Jeff Earickson
Colby College