phishing whitelist not loading

Sam Lewis slewis at COMPLAW.COM
Sun Nov 27 20:36:23 GMT 2005

Thanks for the suggestion.  The problem, it seems, was far too
simple.  Somehow I ended up with an empty phishing.safe.sites.conf
file in the /etc/MailScanner/rules directory and the MailScanner.conf
file pointed to that file.  When the updated phishing.safe.sites.conf
file was downloaded via cron, it was placed in /etc/MailScanner.

Will MailScanner try to create the phishing.safe.sites.conf file if
none exists and the system is supposed to perform phishing scans?
The only thing I can figure out is that on some systems, I forced the
cron job to run so that an up-to-date phishing.safe.sites.conf file
existed before the upgraded MailScanner was run for the first time,
and on the problem systems, I did not.

Regards,
--Sam