ending the spam.assassin.prefs.conf madness.

Julian Field MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Wed Nov 23 19:36:00 GMT 2005

I hope we can pretty much consider this discussion closed at this point.
Please try the latest beta and see what you think.
The installation is done by the mailscnner RPM file in the 2 RPM
distributions, and by the install.sh in the TAR distribution. I decided
it would be neater to do it in the RPM distribution for the vast
majority of RPM users.
The ClamAV+SA installation package also make several attempts at finding
the right place to put the link in, and warns you about it if it fails
to find one.
So whether you install MS then SA or the other way round, it should work
okay if you use my install.sh files. Even if you install the RPMs
manually it will still work.

In the rare situation that it ends up with a link pointing at a
non-existent file, SA will just make a minor complaint and carry on, so
it will still work. But it may not lint correctly, which IMHO is a
suitable behaviour.

I have also re-written the comments at the top of
spam.assassin.prefs.conf completely so they are rather more suitable for
the new setup.

Hopefully we're all there now.

Jules.

--