spam.assassin.prefs.conf split into 2

Anthony Peacock a.peacock at CHIME.UCL.AC.UK
Wed Nov 23 11:14:36 GMT 2005

Hi,

> I think this is a bad idea, and it should be kept as 1 file for
ease
> of use. I am going to have to hear very good reasons to split this
> file into 2.
>
> As MailScanner calls SpamAssassin as the same user all the time,
> people only using SA through MS have no real concept of what is a
> per-user setting and what is not. They will never know which file to
> put a setting into, and will probably put it in both to be sure.

I can't think of a good reason to have two files.  The only time you
might want this is if you wanted to tweak some settings only when MS
was running, but I really can't see an occasion where this would be
likely.

--
Anthony Peacock
"If a man empties his purse into his head, no man can take