ending the spam.assassin.prefs.conf madness.

Anthony Peacock a.peacock at CHIME.UCL.AC.UK
Tue Nov 22 16:46:50 GMT 2005

Hi Julian,

> On 22 Nov 2005, at 16:27, Matt Kettler wrote:
>
> > Dhawal Doshy wrote:

> >> I don't think so, time and again Matt has insisted on NOT soft
> >> linking sa-prefs.conf to local.cf (and if i understand correctly
> >> any *.cf  file) a. Due to the problems already discussed in this
> >> thread b. SA probably using the same file twice, unless mailscanner
> >>  ceases to use sa.prefs.conf But, i am obviously not Matt (and am
> >> quite likely to misunderstand  sa's internal working) and also am
> >> sure he prefers to speak for himself. - dhawal
> >
> > That's a correct analysis. If you soft-link the file, under the
> > existing MS code, you'll end up double-parsing the file.
>
> Sorry, should have said. I will stop using the
> spam.assassin.prefs.conf internally in MailScanner. Obviously we
> don't want to parse the same file twice.

OK, I am back to being happy again :-)
(I know easily pleased and it has been a very long afternoon at work)

I also think it would be good to rewrite the comments per my other
email.

--
Anthony Peacock
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a brave and