windows/php from problems?

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at GMAIL.COM
Tue Nov 22 09:41:21 GMT 2005

On 21/11/05, Jan Agermose <ja at conviator.com> wrote:

> Hi
>

> This might be off topic J Im running a windows server, IIS6 and PHP. When
> sending mails from PHP on windows it seams to ignore the From header
> information set? Or is it something in mailscanner?
>

> Looking at the mail in the mailscanner log I get the bellow. As you can se I
> do set a "From: " in the header, but still mailwatch displays the from-part
> as empty? This is from the table in the detail-display of a message:
>

> Message Headers:

>  Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 23:09:17 +0100
>  Subject: Tilmelding til database - udviklet af edventure
>  To: mediconnect at edventure.dk
>  From: jan at agermose.com

> To: mediconnect at edventure.dk
>
> Subject: Tilmelding til Mediconnects database - udviklet af edventure

This would've fitted better on the MailWatch list (find it via
http://mailwatch.sf.net), but basically what you've missed doing is to
set an "envelope sender" (used for the "MAIL FROM: ..." in smtp)... I
suppose you've used the PEAR mail factory class? Then you can have a
look at the php code for mailwatch to see how that is set up to get
these things right (grep for QUARANTINE_FROM_ADDR, and you'll see it
pretty well).

--
-- Glenn