ending the spam.assassin.prefs.conf madness.

Matt Kettler mkettler at EVI-INC.COM
Mon Nov 21 22:28:32 GMT 2005

Julian Field wrote:
> My question still stands: what is the following code supposed to say?
>
> Julian Field wrote:
>
>> Can you double check that please?
>>
>> use Mail::SpamAssassin;
>> $a = new Mail::SpamAssassin;
>> print "site rules is \"" . $a->{siterules} . "\"\n";
>> produces
>> site rules is ""
>> so it's not called "siterules". Please can you provide me a code
>> snippet (requiring no external configs) that produces the text you are
>> looking for.

Well, I did say I knew little of perl. I was merely wondering if it was
accessible. Apparently not.

The code that's relevant from SpamAssassin.pm is:

    my $siterules = $self->{site_rules_filename};
    $siterules ||= $self->first_existing_path (@site_rules_path);

I have no idea what the perl word "my" does. Does this declare an item as a
local to the function? or export it to the module? Or something else?