ending the spam.assassin.prefs.conf madness.

Matt Kettler mkettler at EVI-INC.COM
Mon Nov 21 20:44:43 GMT 2005

Julian Field wrote:
> Therein lies the problem. I could run the "spamassassin" or "sa-learn"
> script to try to find out, but I equally well won't know where they are,
> they may not be on the $PATH (e.g. Solaris).
>
> But if we say I can find the "spamassassin" script (I'll work on that),
> then which of these lines is the one that states the directory I should
> be using? And what should the file be called? Is it local.cf or
> something else? I need to get this right this time.

I would suggest using mailscanner.cf as a filename. This way you are unlikely to
muck-up a user's already existing local.cf file.

(SA will automatically parse *.cf in the site rules dir, so both will get
parsed. Since parsing is in alphabetic order, and last-parsed wins, options in
mailscanner.cf will over-ride options in local.cf)