ending the spam.assassin.prefs.conf madness.

Julian Field MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Mon Nov 21 18:10:35 GMT 2005

Therein lies the problem. I could run the "spamassassin" or "sa-learn"
script to try to find out, but I equally well won't know where they are,
they may not be on the $PATH (e.g. Solaris).

But if we say I can find the "spamassassin" script (I'll work on that),
then which of these lines is the one that states the directory I should
be using? And what should the file be called? Is it local.cf or
something else? I need to get this right this time.

[26354] dbg: config: using "/etc/mail/spamassassin" for site rules pre files
[26354] dbg: config: read file /etc/mail/spamassassin/init.pre
[26354] dbg: config: using "/usr/share/spamassassin" for sys rules pre files
[26354] dbg: config: using "/usr/share/spamassassin" for default rules dir