MailScanner not working with sendmail directories

BB brent.bolin at GMAIL.COM
Sat Nov 19 05:32:04 GMT 2005

Change /etc/rc.conf or /etc/defaults/rc.conf
sendmail_enable=NONE

Verify mailscanner is starting up with /usr/local/etc/rc.d/mailscanner.sh

Think you need to manually create some of the directores.  Verify
MailScanner.conf for directories.

tail -f /var/log/maillog will show you the details

The only reason to rebuild sendmail.cf is to remove IPv6 stuff.  I would
use m4 macro for that.  Webmin would be a good choice to use.

# SMTP daemon options

O DaemonPortOptions=Name=IPv4, Family=inet
O DaemonPortOptions=Name=IPv6, Family=inet6, Modifiers=O
O DaemonPortOptions=Port=587, Name=MSA, M=E