Greylisting with MailScanner, Sendmail, Spamassassin

Ugo Bellavance ugob at CAMO-ROUTE.COM
Tue Nov 15 14:21:13 GMT 2005

Michael Mansour wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using the latest version of MailScanner with
> Sendmail and Spamassassin (and pyzor and razor).
>
> I've just recently enabled DCC to support greylisting,
> but I can't see whether it's actually working or not
> and am not sure how to test it.
>
> Under MailScanner, sendmail is run in background
> queueing mode, and the greylisting works (I think) by
> modifying sendmail to query DCC and if found to be
> "grey", rejects the message.
>
> But MailScanner is the one that listens on port 25, I
> believe it then forwards the message to the virus
> scanner first? then SA? which uses DCC, razor and
> pyzor to determine whether the message is spam?

No, MailScanner doesn't listen on port 25.  Sendmail does.  To do some
kind of greylisting with DCC, you must configure the dccm (milter)
component of DCC

--
Ugo

irrelevant parts in your replies.