Sendmail Queue lenghts

Lars Kristiansen lars+lister.mailscanner at ADVENTURAS.NO
Sat Nov 12 20:38:18 GMT 2005

--On Saturday, November 12, 2005 12:26:43 PM -0500 Ugo Bellavance
<ugob at CAMO-ROUTE.COM> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> 	Anyone here has scripts for testing queue lengths (incoming/outgoing)
> with sendmail?

...something
qsize=$(mailq -OMaxQueueRunSize=1 -OQueueDirectory=$mq | grep 'Total
requests:' | awk '{ print $3 }')
and something...

Not sure if this is what you want,
but I use a shell-script every 15 minutes to report if mailqueues are big,
or any relays are having lots of mail in the queue.

It fills my needs, but it might be a bit of stupid programming, and really
in need of rewriting before sharing. I think the idea still holds though.

Tell me if you want to try it, I would just love if someone could make some
comments on it or preferably rewrite it.

regards
--
Lars

> Regards,