Which SARE Rules?

Peter Russell pete at ENITECH.COM.AU
Tue Nov 8 22:44:25 GMT 2005

Sorry for replying my pown post.

I figured out i need to upgrade my ruledujour it was a little old. I
hadd the following rulesets and now, immedietly after doing so sa --lint
test take 40sec+ I am using a dual 3ghz/2GB ram machine.

TRUSTED_RULESETS="TRIPWIRE SARE_EVILNUMBERS0 SARE_EVILNUMBERS1
SARE_EVILNUMBERS2 BLACKLIST BLACKLIST_URI SARE_BML SARE_OEM SARE_HEADER
SARE_HTML0 SARE_RANDOM SARE_REDIRECT_POST300 SARE_FRAUD BOGUSVIRUS
SARE_BAYES_POISON_NXM SARE_ADULT SARE_SPOOF SARE_SPECIFIC SARE_UNSUB
SARE_URI0 SARE_URI1 SARE_OBFU0 SARE_GENLSUBJ0 SARE_WHITELIST
SARE_WHITELIST_RCVD SARE_WHITELIST_SPF ZMI_GERMAN"

The worst offenders in the mailwatch lint test results are
[22908] dbg: eval: all '*To' addrs:  5.02445
[22908] dbg: plugin:
Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::ReplaceTags=HASH(0x98a1f34) implements
'finish_parsing_end' 26.05115

Any ideas on getting better performance, or is this part of using all
these rules? Which woiuld be the best ones to drop to improve perfromance?