Mailscanner + sendmail SMTP code 552

Jens Ahlin mailing_lists+mailscanner at caleotech.com
Mon Nov 7 10:47:14 GMT 2005

> Hi Jens,
>
> On Mon, 2005-11-07 at 09:17 +0100, Jens Ahlin wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have one installation with Tao4 (RHEL4) Mailscanner and sendmail.
>> There
>> seems to be a maximum message size of 2Mb that i cannot get rid of.
>>
>> host xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx[xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx] said: 552
>>     Requested mail action aborted: exceeded storage allocation (in reply
>>     MAIL FROM command)
>>

> This looks like the recipient you are trying to send to has the limit -
> not your box.
>
> Unless the xxx.xxx... is your host and people are receiving the message
> above from your system when trying to send message in, in that case
> you've probably got quotas enabled.
>
>> Sendmail version 8.13.1-2.
>>
>> I have not configured any of SMPT, UUCP or MAX_MESSAGE_SIZE in sendmail
>> and Max message size in Mailscanner is set to -1.

xxx.xxx above is my box. What kind of quota ? I have not configured any
quota at all unless RHEL4 have quotas by default. I have cyrus imapd as
backend and no quotas enabled there. If any quota is present it must be
some sort of "/ message" quota since mail is continously being transferred
in/out.

The only thing I get in the maillog is:
Nov  7 11:43:16 xxxx sendmail[568]: jA7AhFxj000568: name.comp.tld
[xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx] did not issue MAIL/EXPN/VRFY/ETRN during connection to
MTA

       Jens