Calling All MCAFEE Users: Re: McAfee DownLoad URL does not work...

Mike michael at NOMENNESCIO.NET
Sat Nov 5 20:50:02 GMT 2005

> Behalf Of Julian Field
>
> Please can other people confirm that this new suggested location is
the
> best place to use.

The original (download.nai.com) still works, there's no problem
whatsoever and has never been over the last few months/years.

IMHO http is preferred over ftp, due to easier securing/firewalling
issues. If however ftp is used, the mentioned url is fine for sites in
Europe. The ftp sites in the US use ftp.nai.com. It may even be the case
thay DNS replies for ftp.nai.com are now automatically pointing to the
nearest ftp repositories (think I read this somewhere).

Regards,
Mike.