Adding line in SUSE for sendmail

Julian Field MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Sat Nov 5 15:33:20 GMT 2005

You certainly don't want the DaemonPortOptions settings you have got,
that will stop it receiving mail from the outside world.

If you want me to log in remotely and fix it all up for you, give me a
shout off list with access details and passwords. Be warned that I will
expect some sort of recompense for doing this for you, I can't always
work for nothing :-)

But I can probably sort you out fairly quickly.

Lance Haig wrote:

> This is what is in the sendmail.pid
>
> 8384
> /usr/sbin/sendmail -OPrivacyOptions=noetrn -ODeliveryMode=queueonly
> -OQueueDirectory=/var/spool/mqueue.in -O
> DaemonPortOptions=Addr=127.0.0.1 -L sendmail-in -Am -bd -om
>

> Lance
>
> Lance Haig wrote:
>
>> Julian,
>>
>> I think I am in a mess :-)
>>
>> Can I reinstall MS ? When I tried the last time it told me it was
>> already installed.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Lance
>>

>> Julian Field wrote:
>>
>>> You should be using the SuSE distribution of MailScanner.
>>> If you do that, everything will be done for you, just read the
>>> instructions in the output at the end of ./install.sh.
>>>
>>> You don't need to mess with any of this stuff by hand, you'll just
>>> get in a bit of a mess :-)

>> 'leave mailscanner' in the body of the email.
>> Before posting, read the Wiki (http://wiki.mailscanner.info/) and
>> the archives (http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/mailscanner.html).

Julian Field

believed to be clean.