Lots ne wmedical related spam...

Matt Kettler mkettler at EVI-INC.COM
Fri Nov 4 17:26:41 GMT 2005

Rob wrote:
> /etc/mail/spamassassin is a link to /etc/spamassassin
>
> That should be ok, no?

Yes, it should be fine.. SA will look for both (and a few others in places) and
use the first one it finds.

For what it's worth, here's SA's search order, as of SA 3.1.0

@site_rules_path = (
  '__local_rules_dir__',
  '__prefix__/etc/mail/spamassassin',
  '__prefix__/etc/spamassassin',
  '/usr/local/etc/spamassassin',
  '/usr/pkg/etc/spamassassin',
  '/usr/etc/spamassassin',
  '/etc/mail/spamassassin',
  '/etc/spamassassin',
);

where __local_rules_dir__ is a variable optionally passed to perl Makefile.pm.