Time::HiRes for MessageBatch timing

Jeff A. Earickson jaearick at COLBY.EDU
Fri Nov 4 16:27:37 GMT 2005

Julian,

Per my recent request for batch timing in the logs, please
look at my suggested changes for MessageBatch.pm (attached,
against 4.47.4).  My changes have NOT been tested at all,
so I don't know if this will work.  The changes:

* added Time::HiRes for timing the start and end timing on
   a batch of messages.

* changed output of information in EndBatch from integer
   to float

* Added a "Batch Completed in x.x seconds" syslog, even if
   "Log Speed" is not turned on in the config file.

Please see if my idea makes sense.  Since HighRes is required
for SpamAssassin, why not use it here too to give better info?

Jeff Earickson
Colby College