MailScanner on Exchange

Rick Cooper rcooper at DWFORD.COM
Tue Nov 1 17:01:19 GMT 2005

There are, one that comes to mind is GFI
(http://www.gfi.com/mailsecurity/msecfeatures.htm). But there are caveats
when it comes to pricing, support costs, etc. And, not trying to sound like
a Microsoft-phoebe, I think MS products should never be placed on the
outside of a network. If I were told we had to install exchange servers
tomorrow because the powers that be wanted to use some of the
outlook/exchange only features I would be happy to do so... behind an
Exim/MailScanner *nix box. Exchange for intranet communications is fine, if
you want to invest the $$, but Exchange should not be allowed to interact
directly with the world, IMHO.

Rick

believed to be clean.