Bitdefender update?

Ed Bruce ebruce at HPMICH.COM
Wed Nov 2 18:37:29 GMT 2005

Scott Silva wrote:

 Ed

 Yup. We had to shutdown all the computers yesterday. Was in a meeting
discussing the dangers of hooking up laptops to our network, when one of
our techs sticks his in the door and says we seem to be having a
problem. I was only running ClamAV but it stopped all the Bagle variants
hitting us through email.

Just for grins I ran ClamAV and BitDefender against the email archives
and lots of email infected, but not detected because they were
identified as Spam. Must think on this because I have email not cleaned
up so people can release from Quarantine. Now we could be releasing
infected emails.

 You could run with the "keep quarantine clean" option.
WIll add to load because MailScanner will virus scan the spam also.

But if I do that then I can't use MailWatch to release messages form
quarantine. It appears that the clean up is storing emails in a format
that can't be released from Quarantine. I'm still not sure what to do or
what I did that may have caused this. I'm still looking at the options.
We've had a few important emails that were misidentified and I was able
to just release them from quarantine. But only because I had removed the
keep quarantine clean option.