Bitdefender update?

Ed Bruce ebruce at HPMICH.COM
Thu Nov 3 14:36:59 GMT 2005

Ed Bruce wrote:
> Glenn Steen wrote:
>> That ol' thing still works like a charm, yes. Used it for ages.
>> Downside is that it doesn't really keep the spam quarantine clean, it
>> just make sure that that message is detected as a virus carrier (scan
>> is "forced" since it is delivered). In a MailWatch environment, where
>> you never (or seldom:) release messages from commandline, this is not
>> a problem.
>>
>> But the Keep Clean thing should work too, and this time really keep
>> the spam quarantine clean.
>>
>> Ed, might it be as simple as you looking in the wrong place for the
>> quarantined message? Or were they ... "munged up" in some unfortunate
>> way?
>>
> What happened is I had reject emails with encrypted zip files. Except
> to certain combinations of sender and receiver. Well somebody sent an
> email to the boss at a little used email address. This email was
> marked as dangerous. When I went to use the release from quarantine I
> didn't have that option. I was able to go to the quarantine and
> manually find the email and get the zip file, so I was just being lazy
> and not keeping quarantine clean, I will be setting this back and do
> the manually release steps.
To be sure I wasn't total confused (which I'm still am but a little less
so) I turned back on clean up quarantine. With this set I can't use
MailWatch to view or release any message. No matter if its marked clean,
spam, high spam (which I never should as its deleted), or marked as Bad
Content/Infected. When I changed it back to no clean up quarantine I was
able to view messages and release them from quarantine.

I'm using MS 4.45.4 and postfix. My quarantine options are:

Quarantine Infections = yes
Quarantine Silent Viruses = yes
Quarantine Modified Body = no
Quarantine Whole Message = yes
Quarantine Whole Message As Queue Files = no (yes =  lost all
view/release functionality of MW)
Keep Spam And MCP Archive Clean = no (yes = lost all view/release
functionality of MW)