System load is very high because of MailScanner

Philip Parsons pparsons at COLUMBIAFUELS.COM
Mon May 30 16:04:48 IST 2005

You need to remove some of the spam tests check /etc/mail/spamassassin
and see if you have and rules sets (.cf) that are bigger than 100K if
you do re name them .bak and restart Mailscanner and see if your CPU
load goes down.

-----Original Message-----
Behalf Of BG Mahesh
Sent: Sunday, May 29, 2005 8:21 PM
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: Re: System load is very high because of MailScanner

> Hmm thats a little long...but still acceptable I guess..
>
> have you gone through vmstat/sa type info to see if you can find
> anything there that would help

# uptime
 08:49:03  up 6 days, 21:13,  3 users,  load average: 2.33, 2.14, 1.50

# vmstat
   procs                      memory      swap          io     system
cpu
 r  b  w   swpd   free   buff  cache   si   so    bi    bo   in    cs us
sy id
 0  0  0 141960  40420  83580 107004    2    8    33    25   70    29 40
9 51

# sa
#

'sa' doesn't show anything

--
B.G. Mahesh
bg.mahesh at indiainfo.com
http://www.indiainfo.com/

IndiaInfo Mail - the free e-mail service with a difference!
www.indiainfo.com Check out our value-added Premium features, such as an
extra 20MB for mail storage, POP3, e-mail forwarding, and ads-free
mailboxes!