Milter-Sender and Gmail

Mike Kercher mike at CAMAROSS.NET
Thu May 26 13:18:20 IST 2005

Oops :)
In /etc/mail/access:

GreetPause:google.com           0
GreetPause:gmail.com            0

Mike

-----Original Message-----
Of Rose, Bobby
Sent: Thursday, May 26, 2005 7:11 AM
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: OT: Milter-Sender and Gmail

I think I've seen some other MailScanner users mention they are also using
milter-sender.  If so, has anyone seen any recent problems with gmail.com?
In the debug, it looks to me like gmail.com is responding ok when asked
about the sender but milter-sender seems to be expecting something else and
just times out waiting.  I think maybe it's expecting the email address
being asked about to be in the 250 Ok response which I see with other
systems but not gmail.com.  I emailed the milter sender list but haven't
gotten a response yet but I'm just curious if anyone else is seeing this.
If you grep for "lost input channel from zproxy.gmail.com" in your logs then
that would be it.  We used to be getting gmail.com mail but because of this
issue, it's stopped and I only keep logs for 14 days and it was only
yesterday that a user mentioned it.

Thanks
Bobby Rose
MSIS Network Operations
Wayne State University School of Medicine

Before posting, read the Wiki (http://wiki.mailscanner.info/) and the
archives (http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/mailscanner.html).