OT: Milter-Sender and Gmail

Rose, Bobby brose at MED.WAYNE.EDU
Thu May 26 13:11:12 IST 2005

I think I've seen some other MailScanner users mention they are also
using milter-sender.  If so, has anyone seen any recent problems with
gmail.com?  In the debug, it looks to me like gmail.com is responding ok
when asked about the sender but milter-sender seems to be expecting
something else and just times out waiting.  I think maybe it's expecting
the email address being asked about to be in the 250 Ok response which I
see with other systems but not gmail.com.  I emailed the milter sender
list but haven't gotten a response yet but I'm just curious if anyone
else is seeing this.  If you grep for "lost input channel from
zproxy.gmail.com" in your logs then that would be it.  We used to be
getting gmail.com mail but because of this issue, it's stopped and I
only keep logs for 14 days and it was only yesterday that a user
mentioned it.

Thanks
Bobby Rose
MSIS Network Operations
Wayne State University School of Medicine