Pyzor problems?

Dhawal Doshy dhawal at NETMAGICSOLUTIONS.COM
Wed May 25 21:35:45 IST 2005

Ugo Bellavance writes:

> Ugo Bellavance wrote:
>> Julian Field wrote:
>>
>>> Anyone else seeing Pyzor problems at the moment?
>>> I have just got enough horsepower to use Pyzor on my production systems,
>>> having never used it before. It built and installed just fine, and
>>> "pyzor discover" worked.
>>>
>>> But I get
>>> # /usr/local/bin/pyzor ping
>>> 66.250.40.33:24441      TimeoutError:
>>> and SpamAssassin just hangs when trying to get a response to the pyzor
>>> request.
>>>
>>> Is there anything I'm likely to be missing? Or is it really down now?
>>> If it is down, does anyone know the owner and could ask him to take a
>>> look at his server?
>>

>> Go those errors too.  I wrote the pyzor-users list.  We'll see what
>> happens.  I found the author's e-mail address.  ftobin |at| neverending
>> |dot| org.
>>

> Someone responded:
>
> Appears the server is down:
>
> $ pyzor ping
> 66.250.40.33:24441      TimeoutError:
>
> That makes me wonder... is there only one server?  Maybe some of us
> could run a pyzor server to spread the load and avoid this kind of
> situation?
>
> I'll let you know about my findings.
>
> Ugo

The server did respond to both ping / traceroute, though a nagios-plugin
check failed.
[root at mx1 ~]# ./check_udp -H 66.250.40.33 -p 24441
Receive failed
No response from host on port 24441

Also as per this
'https://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_id=6989953&forum_id=87
11', pyzord lacks syncing features, hence i assume there is only one server.
(though why he didn't think of ssh + rsync to do the syncing effectively
outside of pyzor is beyond me.)

 - dhawal