OT: GreetPause delay

William Burns William.Burns at AEROFLEX.COM
Wed May 25 20:58:23 IST 2005

Kevin:

Does the GreetPause delay feature automatically build (or respect) a
whitelist, or have you introduced a delay for any server that connects
to yours?

I can imagine that heavily loaded sendmail servers might have issues if
this becomes standard practice. If your mail server gets 1 outbound
message every second, and if each delivery attempt results in a 10
second delay (at one prompt) then you'll have a mimnimum of 10 idle
sendmail processes always occupying memory just for outbound mail.

-Bill