Secret agent spam

James Gray james_gray at OCS.COM
Wed May 25 01:36:32 IST 2005

On Wed, 25 May 2005 05:05 am, Fractal IT Dept. wrote:
> Hey anti-spam warriors,
>
> We're starting to see a bunch of spam somehow getting by the assassins,
> past the razor wire, around the blackholes, and so forth.
>
> Our only clue is the following message:
>
>     not spam, SpamAssassin (score=0, required 5,
>         autolearn=not spam)
>
> This was clearly one of the spammiest (is that a word?) emails I've seen
> in ages. In fact, I might even order the product they're offering if
> it's half as amazing as they say it is. I would have new career options
> in the *ahem* entertainment industry for sure. :-)
>
> Any thoughts?

In these sorts of cases I normally feed them back into the bayes engine and
tell it to learn them as spam.  You might have to unlearn them first seeing
as they have been auto-learnt as ham.

Other than that; save a copy and forward it here with full headers etc, (or
put it on a website somewhere) so we can have a look and see if there is some
sort of counter-attack (with a Howitzer[1]) we can lauch ;)

Cheers,

James
[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Howitzer