Header_check and hiding internal IP

Drew Marshall drew at THEMARSHALLS.CO.UK
Tue May 24 21:25:03 IST 2005

(You could pick a better mailer name as the Listserv doesn't like
this)>>subscribe wrote:

>Hi list,
>I've installed MailScanner as described in the [1]documentation.
>I want to hide my internal IPs when sending outbound mail, but
>I also wants MailScanner to scan outbound mails.
>
>If I put this in my header_check file:
>
>/192.168.10.50/ IGNORE  <-- internal exchange server.
>/192.168.10.1/ IGNORE   <-- internal interface on MailScanner.
>/^Received:/ HOLD
>
>the result are no scanning on outbound mails, but incoming mails
>are getting scanned.
>
>Is there any solution to this problem? Or do I have to have
>a second postfix MTA session somewhere to hide all of the
>internal IPs?
>
>[1] http://www.sng.ecs.soton.ac.uk/mailscanner/install/postfix.shtml

You don't want to play with header checks. The above is correct for
MailScanner not to scan your mail (As Postfix won't direct the first 2
IP addresses to the hold queue for scanning, first rule matches). The
easiest way to do this is in MailScanner. Just go to Remove These
Headers = and point it to a ruleset. In the ruleset have something like:

From:   192.168.10.50   Received:
From:   192.168.10.1     Received:
FromOrTo:   Default

Obviously add any other headers you want removed and restart MailScanner.

Drew

been scanned for viruses and dangerous
www.themarshalls.co.uk/policy