mailwatch error

Tue May 24 11:05:22 IST 2005

Greg

Looks like the table is fubar-ed.

Have you tried a myisamchk on the table?

There's some stuff in the mysql help pages about this.

It could also be related to the 2GB file size - maybe you
mysql/file-system can't handle more than 2GB per file??? Do you managed
the amount of data in the maillog file (ie move or delete it to keep
only the last few weeks data in the table)?

--
Martin Hepworth
Snr Systems Administrator

Greg Matthews wrote:
> slightly off-topic I know, I'm getting an error in mailwatch:
>
> Error executing query:
>
> Can't open file: 'maillog.MYD'. (errno: 144)
>
> I've located the file and it is almost 2GB in size. It is bigger on my
> other relays so presumably it is not the size causing the problem. Is my
> DB stuffed? Is there a way to correct it or should I start again with an
> empty DB? if so how?
>
> might this have been caused by me manually stripping qf and df queue
> files out of mqueue.in whilst mailscanner was still running?
>
> GREG
>
> the SQL that barfed:
> SELECT
>   COUNT(*) AS processed,
>   SUM(CASE WHEN virusinfected>0 THEN 1 ELSE 0 END) AS viruses,
>   ROUND((SUM(CASE WHEN virusinfected>0 THEN 1 ELSE 0 END)/COUNT(*))*100,1) AS viruspercent,
>   SUM(CASE WHEN nameinfected>0 THEN 1 ELSE 0 END) AS blockedfiles,
>   ROUND((SUM(CASE WHEN nameinfected>0 THEN 1 ELSE 0 END)/COUNT(*))*100,1) AS blockedfilespercent,
>   SUM(CASE WHEN otherinfected>0 THEN 1 ELSE 0 END) AS otherinfected,
>   ROUND((SUM(CASE WHEN otherinfected>0 THEN 1 ELSE 0 END)/COUNT(*))*100,1) AS otherinfectedpercent,
>   SUM(CASE WHEN isspam>0 THEN 1 ELSE 0 END) AS spam,
>   ROUND((SUM(CASE WHEN isspam>0 THEN 1 ELSE 0 END)/COUNT(*))*100,1) AS spampercent,
>   SUM(CASE WHEN ishighspam>0 THEN 1 ELSE 0 END) AS highspam,
>   ROUND((SUM(CASE WHEN ishighspam>0 THEN 1 ELSE 0 END)/COUNT(*))*100,1) AS highspampercent,
>   SUM(size) AS size
>  FROM
>   maillog
>  WHERE