freshclam logs

Steve Campbell campbell at cnpapers.com
Mon May 23 16:46:22 IST 2005

I'm curious as to what logs are supposed to be created by the autoupdate
virus scripts for MS. I'm sure I have something wrong, as none of the logs
gets updated for ClamAV. Bitdefender gets a nice log in /var/log/, but I see
nothing for ClamAV other than an old November log in my /tmp. It had the
wrong owner/group, so it may be updated on the next go-round, but all of the
log files in /tmp are owned by root, so I kinda figured the wrong
owner/group on the ClamAV.update.log file wouldn't matter if root was who
was updating.

I do get notification in /var/log/maillog that ClamAV is updating. I have
set a file in /etc/freshclam.conf to log also in /var/log, and I see the
results of MS update scripts in /tmp, including the Busy.lock files.

Does freshclam.conf come into play here ever?

Thanks

Steve Campbell
campbell at cnpapers.com
Charleston Newspapers