Subject with Base64 encoding was not decoded properly

James C.H. Chien james at MINDMAN.COM.TW
Mon May 23 07:46:09 IST 2005

Hi~

MailScaner works fine on my system, but I found some subject(Big5) of
emails with base64 encoding were not decoded properly. I have two accounts
which receive emails from Microsoft, one does not pass through MailScaner,
another does.

The below picture is the result of two same emails from Microsoft.
http://www.mindman.com.tw/bug.jpg
If the email didn't pass through MailScanner, the subject in the header
will be:
Subject: =?big5?B?
W7dMs2646rBUvse26b3StXun1rBUXSCmcKbzp1Glzk1pY3Jvc29mdCBPZmZpY2VQcm9qZWN0IDI
wMDMgtmmm5rFNrtel9LDIs1e5urtQsca1e7resbEgLSCnS7ZPvdK1ew==?=

After processing by MailScanner, it became:
[#L#n###T#######{###T] #p###Q##Microsoft OfficeProject 2003

Was this unproper decoding caused by MailScanner ??

OS: FC1
MailScanner-4.41.3-1
MailScanner-perl-MIME-Base64-3.05-5
Perl-5.8.6-5