Authenicating users

Mike Kercher mike at CAMAROSS.NET
Sat May 21 22:56:50 IST 2005

Two words: milter-sender

http://www.milter.info

Mike

-----Original Message-----
Of Doc Schneider
Sent: Saturday, May 21, 2005 4:54 PM
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: Authenicating users

I'm running MS on my secondary MX server and was wondering if there is a way
for it to (possibly through a map file?) find the valid users for the
domains I secondary. I would like  to stop the spammers from hitting me
with, literally, thousands of dictionary (unknown users) attacks?

I'm using all kinds of RBLs and blacklists but still getting a lot slipping
through.

Oh running Sendmail 8.13.4 on it as well. With delay_checks, greet_pause and
all the goodies.

I'm not running an LDAP server, but could I suppose for this.

TIA,

-Doc

Before posting, read the Wiki (http://wiki.mailscanner.info/) and the
archives (http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/mailscanner.html).