Performance Issues

Anakin SkyWalker basement_mobile2004 at yahoo.com
Fri May 20 22:42:06 IST 2005

I did that already and didn't work ;/ !
I'm setting up a small test box splitted spools.
Here's my relevant configurations:

MailScanner.conf:

Split Exim Spool = yes
Incoming Queue Dir = /var/spool/exim.in/input/*

Exim queue-in:

spool_directory = /var/spool/exim.in
split_spool_directory
queue_only = true
queue_only_override = false

Exim queue-out:

split_spool_directory

After changing "Incoming Queue Dir" to
"/var/spool/exim.in/input/*", adding the '*' char, and
manually creating directories within /var/spool/exim
[0-9a-zA-Z], MailScanner started delivering most
messages in the queue-in. But... (things seems to hurt
people before work properly.. heh..) some messages
doesn't get thru.
Running
# exim -bpc
24
Then I restart MailScanner:
May 20 17:43:54 machine-test MailScanner[27907]: New
Batch: Scanning 24 messages, 11667448 bytes
It reads the messages stalled before. Then some
messages get thru and some messages don't.

Any other thing may I be missing? It will really help
me if I get this thing working, 120K messages in
queue-out in a single directory isn't funny.