SuSE 9.3

Kevin Miller Kevin_Miller at CI.JUNEAU.AK.US
Fri May 20 21:00:32 IST 2005

Mike wrote:
> That's milter-sender "fault" (read: feature!). It does a sender
> verification, which for some reason fails for your site, hence the
> TEMPFAIL.

Ah.  It's because all my users are on Exchange and I don't have local users
on my Linux boxes - they're just gateways.  So yeah, no me if it tries to
look it up.  I hope to implement milter-ahead when I get the Exchange 2003
server built so maybe that'll fix it.  Rather circuitously though!

>> Been working on getting MS up and running 9.3, and it's gone quite
>> well.  I got the new MailWatch.pm without any trouble - thanks for
>> the heads up on that, Mike.  But I'm a bit befuddled by one thing in
>> MailWatch.  The instructions are geared towards a Redhat apache
>> install, which is different than the SuSE apache2 install.  They say
>> to check permissions on /var/www/html/mailscanner/images, and that
>> they should be owned by root:apache.  I set them to be owned by
>> root:www since that's the group SuSE uses.
>
> I use this:
snip
> To my experience, the images directory itself does NOT have to have
> write permissions for the www group. I tested this when rolled out
> MailWatch and no files within the images dir itself were changed, so
> I deviated from the instructions.

Thanks - I'll make mine match and see how I get on...

...Kevin
155 South Seward Street     ph: (907) 586-0242
Juneau, Alaska 99801        fax: (907 586-4500