rules help

Matt Kehler mkehler at WRHA.MB.CA
Thu May 19 16:36:08 IST 2005

For some reason I just can't figure this out.  We have our default
filename blocking rules config, and want to allow ONE user to get .exe's,
which NOBODY else gets.   This part I can figure out.  But we also want
the default blocking rules to apply to that user as well.

So my question is, can I have an 'exceptions' rule for that user, which
only contains the one line allowing exe's, and then somehow also have the
default blocking rules ALSO get hit as a second rule?  OR, for this one
user, do I basically have to have their own ENTIRE ruleset, which will
essentially will replicate our default ruleset, with the exception of
allowing one filename?

Hopefully its not another replication of rulesets.  If we have 10 users
with exceptions...then we would have 11 rulesets (11users + one
default).  And if we decide we want to add an extension to the block
list..we would then have to edit all 11 files.

Or am I waaay off base here?

thx!
Matt