Mailscanner has detected possible fraud

Devi Sambamoorthy devi.sambamoorthy at INMAIL.TRANQUILMONEY.COM
Thu May 19 15:46:48 IST 2005

Thanks for the flood of replies! I am yet read about MailScanner & its
phishing features (I have an older version of Mailscanner MANUAL) and hence
(might be) a dumbo question!

Regards,
Devi S.

-----Original Message-----
Of Ugo Bellavance
Sent: Thursday, May 19, 2005 7:57 PM
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: Re: Mailscanner has detected possible fraud

Devi Sambamoorthy wrote:
> In the attached html file I see some content as "Mailscanner has
> detected possible fraud on <xyx.com>" - What does that indicate?

It indicates that MailScanner's phishing net thinks there is a fraud
attempt.  Phishing is using HTML tags that make a link appear like
another site.  This is probably a false positive, so you can add the
e-mail to your phishing net whitelist.

> Can some one clarify? I have recd this as mail from CNET. I am getting
> this message for the past two days.
>

> Regards,
>
> Devi S.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail and its attachments may contain PRIVILEGED and CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION and/or PROTECTED PATIENT HEALTH INFORMATION intended solely for the use of Tranquilmoney Inc. it's clients and the recipient(s) named above. If you are not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination, distribution, printing, or copying of this e-mail message and/or any attachments is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately and permanently delete this e-mail [shred the document] and any attachments.