Reading Archived Mail - repost - anyone?

Nigel Kendrick support-lists at petdoctors.co.uk
Tue May 17 12:05:16 IST 2005

>I use mailwatch to produce reports and do header based searches..
>
>If you want to search in the body you'll have to do something else.
>
>Depends why you want to search the body, and I presume your users have
signed (this is important under RIPA) an email
>policy document that allows you to keep and monitor their communications...

Thanks for the reply - all employees (it's an in-house mail server) have to
sign an AUP document that covers their use of the Internet and email
services and what monitoring we perform.

If I check headers and then find the emails I want, can I just re-submit
them to be forwarded to me in order to see them in their reassembled glory -
if not, it seems that there's a 'gap in the market' for a mail archive
searcher/browser - I'll perhaps have to get my programming skills up to
speed again?!

NK