unrar

Mark Campbell mcampbell at ITCONVERGENCE.COM
Tue May 17 02:56:58 IST 2005

Thanks for all your replies, I found a copy of unrar at:

ftp://sunsite.unc.edu/pub/Linux/utils/compress/unrar-2.71.tar.gz

Thanks again

Mark

Mark Campbell
--
IT Convergence OS Administrator <mcampbell at itconvergence.com>
Telephone:       [800] 675-0032 Ext. 2630

-----Original Message-----
Behalf Of Donovan Jones
Sent: Monday, May 16, 2005 6:45 PM
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: Re: unrar

On Tue, 2005-05-17 at 13:32, Mark Campbell wrote:
> Hey All,
>
> I just upgraded my MailScanner to the newest version, and I get this
> message upon loading:
>
> May 16 18:29:40 ireland MailScanner[18895]: Unrar command
/usr/bin/unrar
> does not exist or is not executable, please either install it or
remove
> the setting from MailScanner.conf

it sounds like installing unrar may be an idea, plus try 'grep -i unrar'

heres the unrar section from my config (4.41.3 in debian sarge):

-= cut here =-
# Where the "unrar" command is installed.
# If you haven't got this command, look at www.rarlab.com.
#
# This is used for unpacking rar archives so that the contents can be
# checked for banned filenames and filetypes, and also that the
# archive can be tested to see if it is password-protected.
# Virus scanning the contents of rar archives is still left to the virus
# scanner, with one exception:
# If using the clavavmodule virus scanner, this adds external RAR
checking
# to that scanner which is needed for archives which are RAR version 3.
Unrar Command = /usr/bin/unrar

# The maximum length of time the "unrar" command is allowed to run for 1
# RAR archive (in seconds)
Unrar Timeout = 50
-= cut here =-

Regards