OT: Fedora3 vs CentOS4

shrek-m at gmx.de shrek-m at GMX.DE
Mon May 16 14:52:31 IST 2005

Anders Andersson, IT wrote:

>so what track would you choose, Fedora3 or CentOS 4?
>I will only run mailscanner/SA/pyzor/razor/mailwatch/mailstats and some
>av-progs

you should test both and make your own decision.
i have no problems with FC1,2,3,4t3

if you have time wait a few weeks for  FC4.
http://fedora.redhat.com/participate/schedule/

my understandig of the distributions chain is:
- fedora xyz
  -> rhel n
  -> rhel-srpms
      -> rhel-clones  like
        http://whiteboxlinux.org/
        http://taolinux.org/
        http://centos.org/

afaik redhat must not provide the SRPMS for the public, eg.
  ftp://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/enterprise/4/en/os/i386/SRPMS/
  ftp://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/updates/enterprise/4AS/en/os/SRPMS/
and they can stop it they want.

it is your decission which role you will play in this chain.

--
shrek-m