Outgoing Queue Dir

William Burns William.Burns at AEROFLEX.COM
Fri May 13 20:25:28 IST 2005

Chuck Foster wrote:

>So, I'm guessing that though MailScanner can handle an incoming multiple
>queue split, it cannot handle an outgoing one?

I seem to recall a feature being added to handle exactly your situation.
I can't find that info at the moment.
Hopefully I didn't dream it up.

>The only thing I can think of atm is to use one of the real sendmail queue
>directories in the "Outgoing Queue Dir" field, ie. something like
>/var/spool/mqueue.out/q.1 ... but this does seem a bit artificial (and loses
>the advantage of multiple queues on a really busy machine).
>

>Does that make sense?
>Chuck

It makes sense to me.
Google isn't finding this for me, so I'll re-post an old entry from Julian.
This is the "pre-new-feature" answer.

-Bill