sender verification

Aaron K. Moore amoore at DEKALBMEMORIAL.COM
Wed May 11 14:51:23 IST 2005

Spam Assassin 3.0.x includes SPF tests.  You can find the list of tests
here:
http://spamassassin.apache.org/tests_3_0_x.html

You may want to change the amount they contribute to the score.

--
Aaron Kent Moore
Information Technology Services
DeKalb Memorial Hospital, Inc.
Auburn, IN
Phone:  260.920.2808
E-mail:  amoore at dekalbmemorial.com

-----Original Message-----
Behalf Of Jim Holland
Sent: Wednesday, May 11, 2005 1:38 AM
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: Re: [MAILSCANNER] sender verification

On Wed, 11 May 2005, Julian Field wrote:

> The whole point of milter-sender and milter-ahead is that they are
> implemented at the SMTP acceptance phase, and reject the message
without
> any local processing overhead if the checks fail. MailScanner does not
> get involved with the SMTP conversation at all, I leave that to the
MTA
> (ie sendmail in this case), so it can't replace the functionality of a
> milter as it doesn't get processed until later on, once the message
has
> been accepted.

Yes, I realise that, but that is not what I am looking for, as blocking
mail at the SMTP stage could lead to unacceptably high rejection rates
of
legitimate mail.  That is why I would like to see this being implemented
after receipt of the message - just as DNSBL and other checks are
carried
out afterwards by MailScanner.  It means that retrieval from quarantine,
and whitelisting of specific addresses could be implemented consistently
with other MailScanner features.