Not a Mime header?

Tue May 10 09:06:14 IST 2005

Peter

Now looking at this email you send I note there alot of white spaces in
the header not to mention something that lookes like a CR...

ISP for
                          more information

my exim seems to cope with this but your recipient might have issues
with the newline - check the MailScanner.conf setting for this and make
sure things are 100% ok.

--
Martin Hepworth
Snr Systems Administrator

Peter Russell wrote:
> We have an admin from another company who was expecting from some of our
> staff claiming that the MailScanner headers is not a mime header and
> therfore he cannot accept the mail for delivery.
>
> COuld anyone offer me any advice on a) how to respond and b) whether i
> need to change anything in my config?
>
> Kind regards and thanks
> Pete
>

> "In the case of these three (3) emails, they were stopped as undetermined.
> They were stopped because of an error within the framework of the email -
> bad data (see below).   The  error being that a one of the lines inserted
> into the header of the email by MBS, specifically the line "
> -X-OURCOMPANYNAME-MailScanner - Information: Please contact your ISP for
> more information" is not a MIME header and caused the problem.
> They need to contact the sender, who in turn needs to contact their
> administrator to fix this issue.  --- It is not an problem with our
> server & there is nothing I can do to rectify the issue, except release
> the emails if they are stopped."

the system manager.