IPBlock and db 4.3.28 breakage

Jeff A. Earickson jaearick at COLBY.EDU
Sat May 7 14:47:32 IST 2005

Julian,

Setup: Solaris 9, MS 4.42.1.  Yesterday I upgraded from
Sleepycat 4.3.27 to 4.3.28 (which MS and sendmail use) and
I noticed from my IPBlock cron job (the script you provide at
the bottom of CustomConfig.pm) that it started failing with:

Failed to open /etc/mail/db/access.db, have you got the path wrong?
No such file or directory

This is the correct path to my access.db file.  When I rolled
back to 4.3.27, the problem went away.  The db 4.3.28 changelog is
at:

http://www.sleepycat.com/update/4.3.27/if.4.3.27.html

Sendmail is happy with alias updates and other db changes with 4.3.28.
Any ideas?

Jeff Earickson
Colby College