ClamAV and MailScanner Bug

Jeff A. Earickson jaearick at COLBY.EDU
Thu May 5 21:36:56 IST 2005

Julian,

I coming into this debate at bit late...  I'm still running 4.40.11
on Solaris 9, using:

Maximum Archive Depth = 2
Virus Scanners = sophossavi clamavmodule

I currently using ClamAV 0.84, sophos 3.93,  and SA 3.0.3 with 4.40.11.
I'm catching the Sober viruses, but nowhere near as high as others.  No
indication that it is getting past MailScanner.

Time to upgrade MS.  Would you recommend 4.41.3 or 4.42.1 at this point?

Jeff Earickson
Colby College