ClamAV and MailScanner Bug

Julian Field MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Thu May 5 21:21:32 IST 2005

Chris Stone wrote:

>On Thursday 05 May 2005 01:54 am, Julian Field wrote:

>>>This problem is with MS 4.34.8 and ClamAV 0.83, ClamAV Module
>>>(latest from
>>>CPAN). Max Archive Depth = 0.
>>>

>>Chris, can you try with the latest MailScanner please. I still cannot
>>find anything unusual whatsoever. You are running with
>>
>>Max Archive Depth = 0
>>Virus Scanners = clamavmodule
>>ClamAV 0.83
>>
>>(That's for my reference as people are not being clear as to whether
>>they are using "clamav" or "clamavmodule".
>>

>Upgraded to 4.41.3 last night and upgraded ClamAV to 0.84. ClamAVModule is
>0.17. Didn't seem to make a difference. Other viruses are stopped, but Sober
>is detected and queued for delivery.

My patch to help with this (if you don't have Maximum Archive Depth = 0)
is the latest beta. You may also want the patch I published for
WorkArea.pm earlier this evening as well.

If you still have trouble with both of those updates applied, and you do
not have Maximum Archive Depth = 0 set, then let me know.

Let us all know how you get on with this.

>As I noted in another email, I can get you root access to the server to test
>and poke around if you still need to. Email me offlist and I'll get you the
>particulars.
>

>Chris

>Before posting, read the Wiki (http://wiki.mailscanner.info/) and

Julian Field