ClamAV and MailScanner Bug

Chris Stone cstone at AXINT.NET
Thu May 5 21:03:11 IST 2005

On Thursday 05 May 2005 01:54 am, Julian Field wrote:
> On 4 May 2005, at 22:16, Chris Stone wrote:
> > On Wednesday 04 May 2005 02:57 pm, Julian Field wrote:
> >> Julian Field wrote:
> >> I just tried it with 2 Worm.Sober.P messages from my own servers, and
> >> neither of them caused any problem whatsoever. Both caught just fine.
> >> Worked with Maximum Archive Depth = 0 and with = 2.
> >
> > This problem is with MS 4.34.8 and ClamAV 0.83, ClamAV Module
> > (latest from
> > CPAN). Max Archive Depth = 0.
>
> Chris, can you try with the latest MailScanner please. I still cannot
> find anything unusual whatsoever. You are running with
>
> Max Archive Depth = 0
> Virus Scanners = clamavmodule
> ClamAV 0.83
>
> (That's for my reference as people are not being clear as to whether
> they are using "clamav" or "clamavmodule".

Upgraded to 4.41.3 last night and upgraded ClamAV to 0.84. ClamAVModule is
0.17. Didn't seem to make a difference. Other viruses are stopped, but Sober
is detected and queued for delivery.

As I noted in another email, I can get you root access to the server to test
and poke around if you still need to. Email me offlist and I'll get you the
particulars.

Chris