ClamAV and MailScanner Bug

Stephen Swaney steve.swaney at FSL.COM
Thu May 5 01:26:18 IST 2005

Never Mind :)

This is really so silly that I'm embarrassed. A client sent us the file:

"Winzipped-Text_Data.txt           .exe"

For analysis and I saved it to a network drive that is scanned by the PC
version of BitDefender.

And every time that BitDefender on the PC found the file it complained - in
a popup window - that it had just found an infected file. So I though we had
just gotten a email message that was infected :(

I see no problem with this virus slipping through MailScanner.

Live and learn - that's what makes job so exciting.

Steve

Steve Swaney
President
Fortress Systems Ltd.