ClamAV and MailScanner Bug

Rick Cooper rcooper at DWFORD.COM
Thu May 5 00:35:15 IST 2005

It seems to me it's got to be related to the format of the file name, It
appears that MS removes the redundant spaces between the .txt and .exe|.pif
when it creates the safe name. Is there a place in the code where the safe
name and the actual name might get mixed up resulting in xxxx.txt.exe and
xxxx.txt       .exe being compared?

These are also zip files... does $zip->extractMemberWithoutPaths($member,
$safename) gracefully handle a filename with spaces in it? since member will
be xxx.txt                 .exe|.pif? If that failed the a zero byte file
would be created and the file passed by clam.

I recall someone was catching these with filename rules rather than clam

We have been catching Worm.Sober.P at the gateway with exim/exiscan/clamscan
before it even gets to MailScanner, so I doubt the cause is clam it's self.

Rick

believed to be clean.