SophosSAVI Problems with MailScanner 4.38.10

Aaron K. Moore amoore at DEKALBMEMORIAL.COM
Wed May 4 14:51:10 IST 2005

I've had the same problem since a few days ago.  I temporarily switched back to Sophos since Sophos SAVI has been giving me problems.  I'm using SAVI-Perl 0.30 and haven't had any problems with it until now.

I worked with the SAVI-Perl author on verifying if it was a problem with his module or MailScanner.  He had me test it using his scan.pl test script in the examples directory, after adding to configuration parameters to it so that it could find the ides and pattern files.  It worked flawlessly.

It appears to be a problem with MailScanner.  Someone suggested upgrading to the latest version, but I haven't had time for that.

--
Aaron Kent Moore
Information Technology Services
DeKalb Memorial Hospital, Inc.
Auburn, IN
Phone:  260.920.2808
E-mail:  amoore at dekalbmemorial.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Uwe [mailto:dl6mpg at GMAIL.COM]
Sent: Wednesday, May 04, 2005 3:35 AM
Subject: Re: SophosSAVI Problems with MailScanner 4.38.10

Hello,

today installed 3.93 again and used sophos instead of sophossavi
interface in MS config file and it´s works fine for me !

debug :
May  4 10:30:02 server MailScanner[23626]: Virus and Content Scanning: Starting
May  4 10:30:02 server MailScanner[23626]: Commencing scanning by sophos...
May  4 10:30:13 server MailScanner[23626]: Completed scanning by sophos

Maybe a problem with sophossavi interface ?!?!

thanks Uwe